PLEASE NOTE: All CMIT modules have now been withdrawn,
and are unavailable for the 2010/11 academic year
These web pages and lecture notes are left as reference for those students requiring CMIT modules to complete their programme only, and are not an indication of modules currently offered.
General IT help
- Academic Services: helpdesk
Facilities in Queen's Building
- Brief summary of computer rooms, printers, etc.
- Information Skills Support (Academic Services)
- Provided by the Library, these guides, links and resources cover the academic questions you may have about writing dissertations and theses., and undertaking literature searches.
- Graduate School Workshops
- These are designed primarily for research students, but those on taught Masters programmes can access the workshop resources, which include powerpoint presentations on many useful subjects.
- Resources from the Short Course programme
- The University currently offers only limited central ICT training provision for Undergraduate or Taught Postgraduate students, although resources are available from courses offered in previous years.
- Notes on email, word processing and other software.
Preparing and Presenting Work
- Microsoft Word for Theses and Dissertations
- A comprehensive guide to using Microsoft Word for long documents, showing the use of styles, templates, master documents and embedded images, all of which can make the process of writing that thesis just a little bit less painful!
- [Note: this guide seems to have temporarily disappeared - I'll try to track it down and provide a working link!]