The M4/M5 links Exeter directly to London, the Midlands, South Wales and the North including Scotland. The average journey time from either London or the Midlands is 3 hours.
From the M5
- Leave the M5 at Junction 29, signed Exeter Airport.
- At the traffic lights at the end of the motorway off slip road, turn right onto the B3015, signed City Centre, and at the first roundabout turn right, signed Exeter Business Park.
- Go straight over at the next two roundabouts, signed Pinhoe, and join the Monkerton Link Road. At the traffic lights bear left onto the B3212, signed City Centre. Take the right-hand lane and at the second set of traffic lights turn right, signed University.
- Pass under the railway bridge (Polsloe Bridge), drive up the hill and at the fourth set of traffic lights turn right onto Mount Pleasant Road, signed University. (Henry's Bar is on the corner of this junction.)
- At the first roundabout take the second exit onto Union Road. Go straight over at the first set of traffic lights onto Prince of Wales Road. After a set of pedestrian crossing traffic lights the road curves to the left and the University’s Stocker Road entrance is on your right. Use this entrance for the main car parks, the Great Hall, Northcott Theatre, Xfi, and the Innovation.
- Continue along Prince of Wales Road and the University’s Streatham Drive entrance is on your right. Enter this drive, take the first right and immediately turn right again: you have reached the Washington Singer building where the Mood Disorders Centre is located.
From the East via A303/A30
After the junction with the M5 (J29) follow the signs for Exeter Business Park. The route then
follows the directions given under ‘From the M5’.
From the West via the A30
If you are unfamiliar with Exeter or are travelling at peak times, when this route can be
congested, we recommend that you join the M5 and follow the instructions from Junction 29.
- Alternatively, leave the A30 at the Dawlish and Marsh Barton turning. Turn left at the large
roundabout into Alphington Spur (A377), which becomes Alphington Road. Continue on this road until the large Exe Bridges roundabout; Riverside Leisure Centre is on your left.
- Take the third exit (Bonhay Road), signed Exeter St David’s station. After passing the station on your left, turn sharp right at a double roundabout onto St David's Hill.
- Turn left at the first mini roundabout and then left at the next set of traffic lights into New North Road. Take the second right into Streatham Drive and the University’s Streatham Drive entrance is on your left
-Take the first right and immediately turn right again: you have reached the Washington Singer building where the Mood Disorders Centre is located.
Satellite navigation: Use postcode EX4 4QG.
National Express coaches (08705 808080) call at Exeter Coach Station. The local D bus connects the coach station to Streatham campus. Get off the bus at the top of The Queen's Drive.
Exeter has two railway stations - Exeter St David's (main station) and Central. Exeter St David's Station is approximately 10 minutes walk from the Streatham Campus and taxis are available. The average journey time from London Paddington is 2 hours 30 minutes to Exeter.